Today is my birthday. Unlike many birthdays I had in the past, this one has an aura of solemnity about it. I guess the reason is obvious. I am thousands of miles away from home and being nostalgic about my birthday is simply a normal reaction, don’t you think?
Having said that, I do not want to make this post a sappy one.
So I am going to reflect on my 31 years of existence and come up with the things that make me happy. I am too lazy to compose these thoughts into coherent sentences and paragraphs so I hope you’ll settle for this instead.
- Having a very loving and supportive family. A bit dysfunctional at times but they made me who I am today.
- Being married to a great guy who loves me very much.
- Having 2 beautiful kids - a pair! What more can I ask for?
- Having really great friends who genuinely care for me. Not plastic ones.
- Owning this virtual garden and having you to read my ramblings every now and then.
Life doesn’t always go my way, but when that happens, I think about this list and my world will be fine again. Hmm...after that reflection, I feel more eager to go out with hubby and the kids tonight. Post-birthday post coming out tomorrow :)
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years -Abraham Lincoln