1.You must post these rules. 2.Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal. 3.Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. And create eleven new questions for the people you tagged to answer. 4.You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. 5.Go to their page and tell them you have tagged HIM/HER 6.No tag back! 7.No stuff in the tagging section about “YOU ARE TAGGED IF YOU ARE READING THIS” YOU LEGITIMATELY (a.k.a REALLY, TRUST, WITH ALL HONESTY) have tagged 11 people.
11 Facts about me
1. I am the second child in my family.
2. I have this habit of twitching my toes and crossing my big toes with each other when I concentrate on something.
3. I'm quite good at playing the classic PACMAN game. It took me a lot of serious practice to be this good ^__^
4. I loved watching Sesame Street when I was a kid. My favourite character was (and still is) Count Dracula. Eleven bats! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
5. I always feel a lump in my throat when I watch the final scene in Toy Story 3. You know the part where Andy says goodbye to Woody? I'd always imagine Alden going off to college one day, leaving me and hubby in an empty nest.
6. I have katsaridaphobia. It simply means a phobia of cockroaches. This fear originated from a very negative experience with the insect many years ago.
Short flashback: I was only 5. It was a school day and I was waiting for the big Tadika Ria Yayasan Sabah bus to pick me up. Mum got my backpack ready and started putting on my shoes. Nothing happened when I slipped into my left shoe but when I slipped into the other pair, I felt a weird tickling sensation inside. Here's the horrible part. When I told mum about it, she just shrugged it off and said something like "bah, capatla, bas mau sampai suda". I guess she wasn't paying attention. I was forced to endure a few seconds of this yucky feeling before mum realised that something was really wrong. When did it hit her? When I started whining and wiggling. Mum took off my shoe and gave it a thud, and out came this ugly brown cockroach. My amused mum started laughing and squashed it with my shoe. The same shoe that was soiled by the cockroach just a millisecond ago. Insensitive? No?
Thanks to the demised cockroach (and mum), I was scarred for life.
7. The first thing I'd do after coming home from a shopping spree is trying out all the stuff I bought.
8. The one English teacher I can never ever forget (even if someday I go senile) is the ever so famous Mrs. Lee from St. Francis Convent. We used to call her 'Bull-dog'.
9. I know it's not a new song but Low by Flo Rida always makes me want to dance.
10. To me, the best part of going out/ attending a function is dressing up and putting on make up.
11. I love Zumba.
Kay's Eleven Questions
1. Do you read your monthly zodiac?
I used to but not anymore.
2. Organized or messy?
3. Hot or cold?
Cold (drinks, weather, dessert)
4. Feng Shui believer?
5. Bad habit that you still trying to curb?
Doing things at the last minute.
6. How does winning a million dollar will affect/change you?
1 million DOLLAR?! That'll help me fulfill so many dreams. I'll start by appointing 6 research assistants to help me write my thesis. Once I get that done, I can start enjoying life. I'll get my dream house, walk-in wardrobes, a personal masseuse, do heaps of shopping and just share the joy with family and friends. The possibilities are limitless :)
7. What kind of music accompany you when driving on long distance?
i. Without the kids - A mixture of R & B and Alternative
ii. With the kids - Barney, Jollyphonics songs and lullabies for kids.
8. Do you have regrets about something in the past?
Yes. But nothing significant enough to be worth remembering.
9. How do you take a compliment by someone you dislike?
Gracefully, I guess. I'd smile (unsurely).
10. You love yourself? Why?
I love myself because I own ME and I always make myself happy :)
11. Do you mind telling your age? *wink*
We were born in the same year Kay *wink*
My 11 random questions:
1. What is the most foolish thing you’ve ever done?
2. KFC or McDonald?
3. Favourite age you have been so far?
4. Name one celebrity you can't stand.
5. Choose between these two super-powers: 1. Being invisible or 2. Being able to fly
6. Do you talk to yourself out-loud? If yes, when do you normally do it?
7. Favourite cartoon character of all time?
8. Do you have the habit of passing on chain letters/ emails/ texts to your friends?
This week's Friday Fingers has been challenging not so much because of the floral theme, but because of the crunch-time mode I was in. My days have been so hectic from Monday to Wednesday that I barely had time for myself. I thought I could squeeze in a nail-painting session after meeting Yoda yesterday but Alva fell sick when we got home.
After a trip to the doctor, we found out that Alva had caught an infection. She was given paracetamol and some antibiotics but was cranky the whole day. While she was taking a nap, I thought I'd take a little break and start my FF effort. But nah, she woke up only minutes after I started. She was so restless the whole night, I had to cuddle her to keep her settled.
Today, Vava is feeling a lot better. It seems the infection has cleared off. Last night was a nightmare. I was worried sick because she was breathing raggedly. It freaked me out seeing her like that but the nurses whom I called said it was because of her fever. I'm so glad she's recovered now.
Okay. Back to my FF story. So. I continued my effort this morning while the kids were playing in the living room. This time, I decided to have a blue base with lots of white flowers to match the background. I was just about to create a white petal when Alva lunged at me out of nowhere. She was running from Alden who had turned into a nasty monster. Like the one in Scooby Doo.
Things started to get messy when they saw what I was doing. Alva kept saying, "Wow mummy, so pretty. How about me?". I couldn't concentrate cos Alden was also driving me nuts with his questions.
Alden: Why you painting your nails mum?
Me: To make it look pretty.
Me: Cos I like it when it's pretty
Alden: Why you like it mum?
Me: I just like it okay.
Me: You like green?
Alden: I love green. Green is my favourite colour. I love blue too. Blue is my favourite colour.
He then takes a red nail polish.
Alden:Oh! I love red! Red is my favourite colour too.
and the black nail polish...
Alden: Oh!! Blaaack! I like BLACK. Black is my favourite colour mum!
He takes a white nail polish and says....well, you know the drill. I have altogether 12 nail polishes.
What Alden does, Alva follows. Alva takes a yellow nail polish.
Alva: I like orange. Orange is my favourite colour. You like orange mummy?
Me: That's not orange. It's yellow.
Me: Yellow Alva. YE- LO
Alden: You like yellow mum? (menyampuk)
Me: Alva, it's YE - LOW
Me: Yes. (Finally. I sighed in relief)
Alva: You like yellow mummy?
This very exciting conversation was repeated for, I dont know, 10 times? I had to stop the mental torture so I cleared my stuff and decided to take everyone out for lunch. My treat.
After lunch, hubby and the kids sent me to the office so I could work on my thesis. I was so eager to get there cos I had snuck a bunch of nail polishes and dotting tools in my bag without their knowledge. Hehe. My plan was to spend an hour doing nail art before I start writing my thesis. It was a great plan!
When I got to the office, all lovely thoughts about my beautiful flowered nails came to a screeching halt. Two of my colleagues were in. Crap! I can't possibly paint my nails with them around. I forced myself to work on my thesis and not think about nails.
Tick tock Tick tock.
After 4 hours, my colleagues finally called it a day. By that time, my excitement had totally dwindled. Plus. Hubby was going to pick me up in a bit so there wasn't time to even clean my nails.
When I finally got home, it was dinner time. After dinner I just sort of laze around with hubby and the kids. I tried putting them to bed early but they were so full of energy. They only got to bed around 10.30. Not good, I know.
After the kids were asleep, I thought I'd just hit the sack, yet for some reason, I wasn't tired. I reckon it's because of the coffee I had at 7.00. I'm not a coffee drinker so I get all hyper whenever i have a cup. Mentally, that is.
One of the outcomes of my hyperactivity tonight is this
Yeah, I finally got around to doing my Friday Fingers. I'm not so crazy about the colours but am too lazy to redo everything.
It's been a very very long day for me. I think I'm going to hit the sack and call it a day. Have a lovely weekend :)
As usual, I was indecisive with the pattern (lines or dots?) so I came up with this.
The polka dots were easy to do cos I used a proper dotting tool. The vertical lines was more challenging cos I had to keep my hand steady. Not an easy task! I was too lazy to use a scotch tape so some of the lines are a bit cacat.
How about you? Are you joining this week's Friday Fingers? :)