May 1, 2012

A long overdue post: The Rugby Date

* Drafted many weeks ago

My first date with rugby last Saturday was awesome. Although initially I felt a bit out of place, it was actually pretty entertaining once I started understanding the rules of the game. Near the end, I was definitely into it. Thanks to the thousands of Cantabrians who made it to the game, the whole atmosphere was electric. They all wore the Crusaders jersey, with Crusaders flags in their hands -hubby included. And as expected, the Crusaders was victorious, thrashing the Cheetahs with a 24-21 win.


After watching the live game for the first time, I have come to these conclusions:

1. Dan Carter is incredibly HOT.




2. A rugby field is smaller than a soccer field. Duh.

3. Rugby does not appeal to everybody. My last point here may seem vague so let me elaborate. I think like tuhau, beer and foot massage, Rugby is an acquired taste. Some will love it but some will never like it. Yes, it's an awesome game that displays men's raw masculinity but the attraction ends there. It's exciting watching muscular men fight over a ball, but I'm not interested to learn more. You may beg to differ of course :)


These are some photos from the game. There aren't  many but they should give you a good glimpse into what I experienced.

Latecomers



The players warming up

Full stadium

A girl holding a sign that said "Kiss me Dan!"



Over-excited


 "I can't wait to get home"

3 comments:

aemynadira said...

awesome! i had only watched it on tv, i know the experience is way different than watching it live..oh i wish i were there!
i'm not so into sports, but i give exception to rugby sometimes..because the guys are oh-so-hot.. :p haha

Amanda Christine Wong said...

haha...comparison muka si daddy sama si anak tu ba :D

Lizeewong said...

Aemy- I agree. They make the game 10 X more interesting =)

Manda- Kan? Keboringan suda ba tu =)