March 24, 2012

Rugby tonight!

Guess what? I am going to my first super rugby game tonight!!! No, it's not All Blacks but some of the players also play for the All Blacks. Do I know how the game works? Nope. Does it matter? NOPE! Hehehe.  I really don't know what to expect but I reckon it's going to be loud and electric! 

So what team am I rooting for? Team Canterbury of course! Go go go Crusaders!! Destroy the Cheetahs! I know I'm a bit over the top with this whole-rugby thingy but after weeks of thesis-induced hypertension, some excitement is what I need.

By the way, tonight's game is highly anticipated not only because it's the first game of the season but it's also the first one being played in Christchurch after the big quake. The turnout is going to be massive 'cos the tickets are all sold out. I'll try taking some photos at the game to give you an idea of how it looks like okay? For now, let me just leave you with this awesome clip of the ABs performing the Haka. This war dance is one of the things I love most when it comes to watching a NZ rugby game. Don't you just love it?


9 comments:

Amanda Christine Wong said...

haha...i don't get it too. but i guess while in NZ, do what the NZs do? :D. have fun!

Lizeewong said...

Exactly :) My hubby ba yg berabis mau pi tingu ni. It was FUN juga lah hehe. :)

aemynadira said...

wow that's the sport spirit! haha. i've always wanted to go to see a match alive, especially rugby..it looks so awesome on tv!

Lizeewong said...

Hi Aemy! It is quite awesome to watch - the players are hot! Hehehe.

Okayarms said...

Cool leader... all I can hear that comes out from his mouth is, "This is Sparta!!!". Wakakaa jk.

I joined rugby once. Literally, once. For a training. I didn't turn up on the next. LOL.

Happy Thursday tomorrow, Lizee!

floyd said...

It must be a massive game i guess. I prefer football tho, but then like other said, do what NZs do.

carolchs said...

i never watch a live rugby match before except those yang during school lah...but i think, if i ever watched one, i'm sure will enjoy the match :)

Unknown said...

so, how was the match?..
if my husband had read about it, he'd go maniac! canterbury is one of his fave in NZ rugby team..

sayang hubby dah retired rugby. i find the players sexy.hehehe

Enniebelle said...

Rugby, I love it!