May 4, 2010

Just Me and You Baby!

Alva and I will fly to Wellington tomorrow. I have booked the earliest flight at 6.45 a.m and the return flight at 4.00 p.m. (Wellington - Christchurch). We are coming back on the same day and shopping is not, I repeat, IS NOT in the agenda.

It's just a one-day trip and there will be no time for sightseeing or shopping. But anyway, that's not important. What's important is Alva's birth certificate and travel documents. That's the reason why we are going to Wellington, in case someone's forgotten! (that's a self-reminder, by the way).

I will be travelling light and these are the stuff that I need to bring to the Malaysian High Commission:

- A Baby called Alva
- Baby's passport-sized photos
- Baby's birth certificate (copies and original)
- Hubby's IC, passport and birth certificate (copies and original)
- My IC, passport and birth certificate (copies and original)
- Marriage Certificate (copies and original)
- Borang IM 42. Pin 1/97

That's about it.

So. The moment I land at the airport, I'm going to haul a cab, tell him exactly where to go, march to the office at 9.00 a.m. sharp and get all this stuff done. When it's all over, Goliva and I will shout Yay! before we head to the nearest coffee shop and order a big glass of Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino. And then we wait. And wait and wait and wait for our flight at 4.00 p.m.

That's my brilliant plan for tomorrow. During the wait, I'm sure I will be having heaps of Schmigal sessions (talking to myself), entertaining Alva, observing people and checking out every store at the airport. Exciting huh?

And how will I be travelling? Like this of course.



Well, minus the sipper bottle, the pacifier, the 3 other clinging babies and the hot body. As much as I hate wearing the baby carrier, I must say it's the most convenient way to carry a 10-month old baby when one is on the move. I know I'll be looking a wee bit frumpy tomorrow, with my faded jeans, sneakers, messy hair and the baby carrier but I've decided to choose comfort over style. 

That's my plan, from A to Z. I hope everything turns out okay. Fingers crossed - Goliva's and mine :)

   

11 comments:

nc said...

hopes everything fine :) enjoy ur trip ya ;)

- dreamChaser :)

Mimi said...

Have a safe trip and take care ya.. I'm sure you can find something interesting to do while waiting at the airport (hint: duty-free). Looking forward to read about the journey..

Octavia said...

I'm sure Alva will be on her best behavior. Just don't forget to feed her:)

carolchs said...

I'm sure it'll be alright. If sempat, take pictures around there la hehehe

charmie said...

have a safe trip sis...and I am sure the photographs will not be forgotten..

Lizeewong said...

Nc - Thanks dear! I'll try to enjoy myself :)

Mimi - Thanks moi! Ya, will do just that!

Oct - I hope so Oct..She's teething ba now, so she's been very clingy and manja. As for the feeding part, I just bring the ready-made baby food la.

Kay- I'll try to get some good Samaritans to take my pics hehe.

Charmie - Thanks dear. You're right. Photo-taking is a must :)

Lyn said...

yeah right! I bet you're going to squeeze in some shopping there as well.

GladysDavid said...

Good Luck!

I saw the previous post too, baby Alva is cuuuttteee!

LaViaP said...

have a nice smooth safe trip :)

debrajill said...

hi kak!! take care~ hahaha.so cute kan tu picture! have a safe trip and God bless!

Lizeewong said...

Iyuk - Hmm..You know me so well...:P

MLap = Thanks moi! :)

Paival - Thanks Paival :)

Debs - Hehe Thanks Deb...Was inspired by your pics ba tu :)