- The taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.
- A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The space I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
- My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
- The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
- The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
- Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
- The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.
- Getting too much email bogs me down but at least I know I have friends who are thinking of me.
December 15, 2009
On Being Thankful
I came across this list as I was searching for research materials. You might have read it before, but if you haven't..well, it's worth a minute of your time. It reminds us to be grateful for what we have.