April 20, 2010

I Think This Is Me

Hello there

I'm Lizee. I’m a proud mommy to a 5 year old boy named Alden and a  2 year old toddler called Alva.




I am also the wife to a charming and good looking guy called Alex (he made me write the second descriptor) and we've been married for six years.


We first met 11 years ago in a small, suburban school where we both served as teachers. Hubby told me that it was love at first sight when he saw me at the basketball court, the first day I reported for duty in school. Since then, he's been totally smitten. I know that sounds sickeningly corny but I just had to record those facts here - in case he forgets how it all started. I do apologize if you suddenly have an uncontrolable urge to throw up. 

I teach English for a living and have been in the profession for 11 years. At the moment however, I'm on a 3-year study leave in Christchurch, New Zealand. I try to juggle between my role as a wife, mommy and student every single day. I must tell you, it isn't easy cos my motivation fluctuates from time to time. Why do I tell you this? To help you understand why I write about the things I write. 

I started this blog in November 2008, inspired by my friend Carol and my sister in law Debra. After reading their blogs, I wanted to have my own site so I could be part of the blogging community. I had nothing much to do when I first came to NZ so I figured it was a good idea to write about my experience in a new country. Since I was pregnant at that time, I also wanted something to divert my attention from pregnancy blues and   some other complications which are too complex for me to put here. Needless to say, I fell in love with blogging and have been hooked ever since. 

I have a wonderful relationship with my parents, my brother and my sister. They are my support system and I am so blessed to have them as my family.


Random stuff about me

Like most women, I love shopping. I don't need a reason to shop; I just do it. I go for clothes, shoes,  bags,  make-up, perfumes, jewellery, note books, cute little scrunchies, nail polish...well, you get the idea. I can go on and on but I really don't want to get too excited *having shortness of breath*.

I am terrified of cockroaches and other crawly creatures in the insect category. Before getting married, I told hubby about my phobia and made him promise me this:  I shall protect you from cockroaches/bugs/insects and other crawly creatures, big or small, regardless of time, day and condition.  So far, he has kept his promise.

I have a sweet tooth and I absolutely love chocolate and pastries. My greatest weakness is smoothies with ice cream.

I love watching Lost, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girls, Desperate Housewives, Chelsea Lately, Keeping Up With the Kardashians (yeah, that stupid show) and other TV shows that have these criterions - humour, good script and/or beautiful people.



If I weren't a teacher, I'd probably be a beauty therapist. Or an interior designer. Or a make-up artist. Or a hairstylist. Somewhere along those lines.


I love dancing to Latin music but I am no Shakira. I took some dancing lessons before coming to NZ but I had to stop half way cos of work commitment. My unrealistic dream is to be able to dance the salsa with my husband on our 10th anniversary. He doesn't know about this yet.

I am short sighted and I depend on lenses everyday. I think it is among the best inventions ever created.

My favourite pizza is Hawaiian.With extra cheese. 

My show size is 7. 


As you can see, I've run out of things to talk about. So I'll stop here. I hope I didn't waste too much of your time. Thanks for dropping by :)
















21 comments:

carolchs said...

eii this is nice. getting to know blogger more.
ive heard of the BC Bloggers but tia pernah busybody mau check what is it about. care to tell?

who knows, my next post will be me telling about myself (again) too. :)

Lizeewong said...

I'll try to explain ah Kay. BC Bloggers was initiated by Paula - Mommy Diary. I came across her blog while bloghopping across a few mommy blogs last month. Stuck at home with the pox kan, so byk masa la.

She created this BC Blogger Membership thingy to provide an avenue for fellow bloggers to get to know each other, exchange links etc. So the BC Blogger Party is meant for the members to socialize and break the ice. Mari ka join. The more the merrier :)

Mimi said...

Nice to know more about you... We share the same second career option.. hehehe... although, I still think maybe I should go for Beauty School "one of these days".. hehehe

gbeejipp said...

This post should go to your introductory profile. At least I know you now better than I did before you posted it. :-) Bah, keep blogging. Lets stick to the blogging community..

seth said...

nice to meet you here :-)

Chris said...

great post! i truly enjoyed reading your post... i wish i can be as articulate as you are :D

so glad to meet you.. by the way, id like to invite you to Mommy Moments at http://www.mommyjourney.com

carolchs said...

ahh ok..bah mau register just click your BC Blogger link on the side bar saja bah kan?

carolchs said...

ahh ok..bah mau register just click your BC Blogger link on the side bar saja bah kan?

Lizeewong said...

Mimi - Hehehe..I just love the idea of being a beautician, having access to all the anti aging products and facilities.

Jipp - Thanks Jipp. I just don't know how to create a separate About Me section on my blog. I'm working on it but it'll probably take weeks..hehe

Seth - Hello! Welcome to my site. Nice to see you here :)

Chris - Hi Chris. Thanks for visiting. Will check your site! :)

Kay - Iya..Just click the BC Blogger badge. There's something wrong with the link cos you'll see the word ERROR on the page. But it doesn't matter cos you'll be able to see Paula's site. :)

carolchs said...

Ala ive visited paula's site but it says BC Blogger is currently close. I have to wait for the next one.

Lizeewong said...

Ala...Next batch la kan. Dia pandai kestau juga tu.

charmie said...

thanks for dropping a comment.. you manged to blog though ur a lot busy hehehe!!! nice to know you here!:)

gorgeous_MHE said...

Whoa!!! My fiance is english teacher in profession also, but he doesn't want to have a blog site, Wala daw talga syang time. huhuhu
Nice family ties you have, i think you all really enjoy each other.


Visiting you here from BC Blogger's PArty
Nice meetin you

Tetcha said...

Hi, there! Thanks for letting us know more about you and for commenting on my post, too. It's great to meet bloggers from around the world.

Enniebelle said...

wah...i was smiling all the way reading this post :) me too, hate all crawly animals. Number one of the lists is snake (apa2 jak jenis ular, poisonous or non-poisonous) roaches (yuck!) BC Bloggers? tia parnah dingar tu..

Makoy said...

Hello there! This is Makoy of the Certified Pinoy Blogger. I have a new contest titled "Humor Me Makoy Contest." I am giving away a total of $300 cash prize. I hope you can join the contest. Visit www.makoyskie.com and click the contest logo on the right sidebar for more details.

Thank you very much and hope to see you!

makoy :)

Lizeewong said...

Charmie - Thanks for dropping by :)

Gorgeous_MHE- Your fiance probably has a more exciting life hehehe...I started this cos I was bored! Thanks for dropping by :) cheers

Tetcha- Thanks. It was nice meeting you top :)

Mandak - Disgusting kan mandak? Ular not so bad but I absolutely detest lipas :)

Makoy - thanks for dropping by. Will check it out :)

Dottie said...

hi! nice meeting you. You are a very pretty woman and I enjoy reading your post.

Chin chin said...

Hello Liezee. It's nice to meet bloggers through this BC Bloggers Party. I just met a chemist, now a teacher. Glad to know a little bit about you. Have a blessed day!

Lizeewong said...

just simple thoughts & chin chin -
thanks for dropping by :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog Lizee!
Love & smiles:
Comic Pregnancy