December 4, 2011

Feeling Christmassy

I put up our Christmas tree two weeks before advent in the hope that it would evoke some Christmas feeling in me. I think it probably did, but the feeling didn't last long. You can't blame me really. The kids don't get along with  the Christmas tree at all.

They were very much in awe of it when I first put it up, but after some time the novelty wore off. It has now become their favourite spot when playing tag and on many occasions, it has fallen over. The tree has gone through so many hardships, it is now crooked. Plus, the ornaments are all over the place; as in they have no common theme.

Despite its shortcomings, the tree somehow serves its pupose - as a reminder that Christmas is drawing near. Deep down, I do feel excited about the season but I'm trying hard to stifle this excitement. If I don't do that, all hell will break loose. What will happen? Well, knowing me, I'll probably shove my thesis aside for a month and start doing Christmassy activities like shopping, planning Christmas outings, thinking about my outfit, contemplating on what to do with my hair and just waste time entertaining myself.

All the above activities spell DANGER.
I can't afford to waste time cos I have to to finish my writing asap. That's why I need to focus on my work and NOT let the festive feeling take control of me. I have managed to do that until today. This afternoon, my family and I went to this wonderful Santa Parade along Riccarton road and since then, I've been feeling crazy-excited. How could I not? The performers at the parade looked so cheerful in their Christmas outifits, smiling and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. I couldn't help but feel the joy.

I had planned to take heaps of photos during the parade but after only 15 minutes, the battery went dead. I had no choice but to use my cell phone. The culprits behind the weak battery were none other than the Alden and Alva. They unplugged the battery charger from the socket before the battery was fully recharged and neither hubby nor I were aware of this. It was frustrating alright.

Having said that, the photos didn't turn out as bad as I thought. These are some of the okay ones I took.

















Yeah..The Christmas feeling is definitely in the air now. Although I'm not spiritually prepared for it, I am certainly enjoying the warm feelings and happy thoughts brought by this parade. Happy Advent everyone!

10 comments:

Gunaqz said...

Happy Advent to you too, Lizee. I'm glad the parade has cheered you up a little. Saya faham tu kesibukan ko. Tambah lagi Xmas di tempat orang is not the same like at home. Sabar ko ah Lizee :-)

BTW, the photos are good, apa nama handphone ko? iPhone? Samsung?

edythe said...

Very nice Liz, mcm camera captured juga bah.

I'm also in a mood of christmas. Inda sbr sdh mau cuti panjang ni :)

de engineur said...

If these came out of a phonecam, they turn out to be very decent. The sky is well exposed while maintaining details on the subjects, the decorated wagons.

Well done, nicely captured.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lizeewong said...

Gunaqz - THANKS!! Sabar la ni mandak :) Oh the photos were edited before I published them. And I didn't use an iPhopne/ samsung. Nokia ja.

Edith- Dith, yg photo 1, 2, 3 sia guna camera. The rest sia guna hp. Buli tau tu, gelap gelap sikit yg pakai hp. Bah, kau mau cuti suda? kasi tunjuk your Christmas tree ah :)


de engineur- Hey there! Thanks for your comments! Well, to be honest,photo 1, 2 and 3 were from my camera and the followings were taken with my phone. I did some tweaking using picasa basic edit (lomo-ish, HDR-ish) to make them look a bit better. Cheers :)

aemynadira said...

a parade!!!! ohh its been a long time i havent go to see parade..i wish i were there too...huuhuuu...

oji said...

Happy Advent!

gbeejipp said...

Good to know that I'm not the only one who's excited about Christmas now. The parade looks so cool although I don't really see so much of Christmas in it. And the 'not spiritually prepared' is just a direct bang in my head. LOL. Bagus sa pi confession awal2x ni. hehe.

Lizeewong said...

Aemy - Hey dear, maybe one day you might get that wish ^__^ There's a direct flight from KL to CC kan? :)

Oji- Hey there! Happy holidays to you :)

Jipp- Samala ba...Excited but haven't had my confession yet :) Ya, about the parade, yeah I guess you're right..not so much on Christmas kan, more on Disney characters pula :)

CathJ said...

So nice oh ada mcm tu kan... Same here christmas mood is here.. Hihi

Raycillient said...

Wow those are lovely captures! Hi I'm Raycillient your latest follower :) I found out about your blog while i was visiting stella's blog and I'm hookes ever since :)