February 9, 2009

Little Einsteins Wannabe

Like his cousin Demita, my Alden routinely goes gaga over the Little Einsteins show on Disney Channel. Having no choice but to sit with him and watch the 30-minute cartoon thrice a day, I have now memorized the characters and the song in my long term memory (pathetic, I know). Sometimes, I find myself subconsciously singing the theme song in the shower and a few minutes later, I'd hear hubby chanting the addictive melody over and over again. What makes this cartoon so appealing to little tots like Alden and grown ups like us?

From what I've read in Wikipedia, the show is designed to teach demographic art and music appreciation by integrating famous, significant art works and classical music. All the four characters; Leo, June, Quincy and Annie have special musical talents and they encourage viewer interaction such as patting their legs, gesturing, or singing along to help them succeed on their "mission". Interactive + musical + adorable characters = good cartoon. That sums it all. Though he's still in love with Barney and Friends, Alden is now moving on to a new era; The Little Einsteins era. I leave you with the Little Einsteins song lyric. Sing along will ya? :-)  

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship 
Zooming through the sky, 
Little Einsteins 
Climb aboard, get ready to explore
There's so much to find, 
Little Einsteins 
We're going on a mission,
start the countdown 5-4-3-2-1! 
Everyone to rocket, rev it up now! 
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (Blast-off action) 
We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship 
Zooming through the sky, 
Little Einsteins 
climb aboard, get ready to explore
There's so much to find, 
Little Einsteins 
Come on, let's go - 
Little Einsteins 
We need you, 
Little Einsteins - Yeah!  

Disclaimer: I'm not sure whether this is the correct version and won't be accounted for any mistakes

No comments: